Saturday, June 04, 2011

Last Night

Last night I painted a still life for three hours at a local restaurant/bar called Tease. I don't have any pictures to prove that I was painting, but I do have this blurry shot of Meredith sitting at my Jullian Easel. (I am posting this for Mary Addison's benefit who is thinking of up-scaling to the full size).
Meredith sat in as a pinch painter for a moment while I scooted off to practice some personal hygiene. Sarah also added some chops to the final painting while I hobnobbed with the riffraff.

It is a sixteen by twelve painting in oil on canvas. The props were a real phone, a Jart, and a sculpture by Whiting Tennis from 1999.


Three hours was just not enough time. I was working my way from the deep space into the foreground and avoiding the statuette. When all was said and done, it was more a painting about bricks in low light than anything else.

1 comment:

Diane Paulson said...

Of course it was an enlightening night and fun to boot. We came away as Sponsors for Steven's Blog!! Cascade Peak Spirits Distillery in Ashland is Oregon's first certified organic distillery handcrafting spirits under the brand name of ORGANIC NATION. Call or email us about setting up a Taste and Tour, bring some friends and enjoy seeing Lil' Guenther, our custom built German Still! join our FB at facebook.com/organicnationspirits